Import Icon Image

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if your program supports dynamic importation of images? If the path is listed in an Excel cell, can your program pull the image into a blank button in a fillable PDF just like it pulls text into the fillable text boxes? Thanks for your time and help!

M.Shell
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Well the program doesn't support this currently, and honestly I'm not super psyched about adding support for it. It seems like a pretty narrow use-case, but on top of that it doesn't play well with the user interface - I may want to generate PDFs with filepaths in it. If I were to take all filepaths that lead to images and try to insert the images, it would get messy with non-image paths and files not present. Moreover, I can't destinguish when I should try to insert an image and when I should put the literal path string...

But the program is open source, and if you want you can add the support yourself. Or outsource it to someone else. Sorry I can't be of help this time. :-/
Apr 25, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Even without this feature, you've made a great program. I will just try to so some scripting inside of the pdfs.