Unresponsive When 32-bit/64-bit Architecture Doesn't Match

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:13 PM
I've installed MailMerge and the included AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.msi. I'm using Office 2010 x64 on two x64 Windows installations (Win7 and Win10). On both systems I've tried to run the test documents, and my own creations, but nothing happens. Any ideas?
Apr 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Nevermind. Found out it was the wrong MailMerge architecture.
Marked as answer by TigerC10 on 4/7/2016 at 2:09 PM
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2016 at 6:22 PM
Yeah, the big purple download button is for the 32 bit version. I wish Codeplex would give me 2 of those big purple callout buttons.
Apr 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM
Edited Apr 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM
Thank you! Program works great! The only feature I think would be cool is using the name format variable for creating directories with static file names.
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2016 at 9:08 PM
I'm not following the meaning of your requested feature.
Apr 7, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Basically the ability to put the output files in folders based on a variable in the Excel table, like the Name Format. So for row 1 with Folder 1 in column MailMergeDir and nothing in MailMergeName it'll put it in the folder Folder 1 with what is in the Name Format field in PDF Mail Merge, be it a column lookup {MailMergeName}.PDF or just plain text File1.PDF.

Anywho, just a thought. I'm still very impressed so far. Been a great help.
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Edited Apr 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Have you tried putting a backslash in the file name format?
output\{MailMergeName}\form.PDF
I'm not sure if it will work, but it would be a very small effort to make it work like that since all I would need to do is create the directory before trying to write to a non-existent directory like that.
Apr 7, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Awesome. I'll give that a try. Thank you.
Apr 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2016 at 4:13 PM
If I put "\" in the File Name Format it replaces the "\" with "_" in the file name. If I add the "{MailMergeDir}" to the Save Path it creates a single folder as {MailMergeDir} and places all the files in there.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM
Ohhhh, derp. I forgot I did that. It's been like 3/4 years since I wrote this program.
Apr 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM
Is there a way to flatten the form fields listed in the spreadsheet so in the final documents those fields cannot be changed except in the case where they are left blank (empty)?
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM
Technically, yes. It is possible. However, it's not currently a feature in the app. Here's the issue for the feature request, feel free to vote on it and subscribe to it so that when the feature is added you can be notified by e-mail.

http://pdfmailmerge.codeplex.com/workitem/1272

The project is kind of dead right now, I haven't had a windows computer in 3/4 years to develop on. I need to buy a new copy of Windows to be able to continue development, but dollars are kind of tight right now.