Nothing happens when I click merge....

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I have read all of the discussions and issues, and I have tried several other files. After much troubleshooting, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2014 at 6:38 AM
You might not have the correct version installed - or you may not have the correct version of Microsoft Office installed. If your computer is 64 bit and your copy of windows is 64-bit - please make sure that the version of Microsoft Office that is installed is 64-bit and that you've downloaded the 64-bit version of PDF Mail Merge from the downloads page.
Aug 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM
TigerC10 wrote:
You might not have the correct version installed - or you may not have the correct version of Microsoft Office installed. If your computer is 64 bit and your copy of windows is 64-bit - please make sure that the version of Microsoft Office that is installed is 64-bit and that you've downloaded the 64-bit version of PDF Mail Merge from the downloads page.
HI.

I have the same issue. The thing is:

I have 64bit machine
I have 64bit OS (Windows 8.1)
I have office365 16 bit as per own microsoft recommendation when I installed it. They didn't recommend install their 64 bit apps ...

BTW, I tried with your 64 bit and 16 bit versions with the same result.

What to do?
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I presume you mean 32 bit? Not 16 bit? I don't think we've seen windows run on 16-bit machines ever. DOS did.

I have not tested this app against Office 2013 or Office 365. I have had reports saying that this app works with Office 2013. So far, anyone reporting usage with Office 365 has said it does not work.

To be sure, please make sure you have installed the 64-bit version of Office 365. You can find instructions here:
http://lifehacker.com/download-and-install-the-64-bit-version-of-office-365-1619427807

Microsoft only recommends 32-bit installation for 2 reasons. The first reason is so that people with 32-bit computers do not encounter errors while trying to install a 64-bit program. The second reason is that the ActiveX controls are not compatible since ActiveX is still 32-bit only. This means if you make use of Microsoft Sharepoint websites, you will be unable to use some of the features through Internet Explorer. Note that these features are available to other browsers like Chrome or Firefox.

If you do not use Internet Explorer to access a Microsoft Sharepoint website, you are safe to use the 64-bit version of Office 365.
Aug 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Hi.

Thanks for your prompt answer. I appreciate that.

Yes. I meant 32 bit, my bad.

Well. I didn't use IE so I uninstalled the office365 32 bit version and installed the 64bit version. Rebooted and the issue is still there.

For this test I am using your files and tried with a file name format macro and without it. Same result.

Anything I can do to help you debug this?

Just in case, my primary language and keyboard is Spanish. Sometimes this kind of things interfere with software.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I see, okay then - let's see... The dependency this applet has on Office 64-bit is actually a dependency on the Microsoft Access Database Engine which gets installed with Office 2000 - Office 2013. It's not a super widely used feature, perhaps they've removed it from Office 365. You can download it yourself here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

The setup installer for PDF Mail Merge installs this package if it's not detected, but it skips the install if Office is detected because Office overrides the Access Database Engine. It'll be troublesome if they've removed it...

But no, your keyboard setting shouldn't affect this app - I myself have run it on a windows machine configured entirely for spanish.
Aug 20, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Hi.

Thank for this answer. It worked fine now.

Best regards